It should be clear to you as a landlord how important marketing is to attracting ideal tenants. If you haven’t used them, virtual tours will lead you to a tremendous opportunity! It can be a great method to show prospective tenants what to expect before they visit your rental homes by giving them the option to take a virtual tour. We’ll go over the advantages of virtual tours for your rental property marketing and the reasons why you, as the owner, should utilize them in the paragraphs that follow.
Virtual Tour Basics
A computer-generated simulation of a rental property that allows prospective tenants to virtually explore the premises is called a virtual tour. Unlike photos, which show the property from a restricted angle, virtual tours offer an in-depth, immersive look at every area. In addition, virtual tours let potential tenants see how large rooms and other spaces would be as well as how their furniture will fit in the room.
Virtual tours of rental properties are preferred by many tenants, according to recent research. More than 70% of renters, according to data compiled by Zumper, were prepared to rent an apartment without physically inspecting it, on the condition that a 3D virtual tour could be utilized to do so.
Types of Virtual Tours
Virtual tours offer potential tenants an immersive experience by enabling them to examine your rental homes from any location without physically being there. In this manner, prior to viewing the property, people can assess whether the place meets their demands. 360-degree virtual tours, 3D virtual tours, and virtual reality tours are the three primary varieties of virtual excursions available.
1. 360-degree Virtual Tour: By piecing together multiple photos to generate a single panoramic image, 360-degree virtual tours are produced. With the ability to drag and drop, these tours give prospective tenants a comprehensive overview of a room in a single image. 360-degree virtual tours are a great choice for rental property owners who are new to using virtual tours because of how simple and affordable they are to create.
2. 3D Virtual Tour: Potential tenants can explore the property as if they were physically present via a three-dimensional (or “true”) virtual tour, which offers a more immersive experience than a 360-degree virtual tour. These tours are generated by capturing and piecing together numerous photographs of a rental property using specialized software. Three-dimensional virtual excursions are predominantly employed for upscale rental properties as a consequence of the substantial time and effort invested in generating top-notch results.
3. Virtual Reality Tour: Taking a property tour through virtual reality (VR) is the newest and most interesting method. Potential tenants have the ability to virtually traverse the premises as if they were physically present by donning a VR headgear, which grants them access to every nook and cranny. While virtual reality tours were originally uncommon, they are increasingly more frequent as VR technology becomes more widely available.
The Benefits of Using Virtual Tours
After discussing the fundamentals of virtual tours, let’s look at some advantages for marketing your rental property with them.
• Convenience. The fact that virtual tours are extremely convenient is their greatest advantage. Prospective lessees are able to tour your rental properties from the comfort of their own residences or workplaces. Renters from outside the state or from abroad who need assistance setting up a time to come and have a physical tour of the home may particularly benefit from this.
• 24/7 Availability. Virtual tours are accessible seven days a week, rain or shine. This allows prospective occupants to schedule tours of your rental properties around their convenience, rather than having to accommodate your schedule.
• Increased Online Engagement. It has been demonstrated that virtual tours also enhance engagement. Digital presence in search engines or SEO can be enhanced with virtual tours for your rental property. Including a virtual tour in your property listing is an excellent way to increase your search engine ranking and provide Google with fresh content.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Tours
These pointers will help you maximize the advantages of virtual tours now that you are aware of their advantages:
• Quality Matters. When it comes to virtual tours, quality is important. Use high-quality images and videos, instead of ones with low resolution or fuzzy shots. Utilize high-quality virtual tour content to increase prospective tenants’ awareness of your rental properties.
• Include a Call to Action. Towards the end of your virtual tour, incorporate a call to action (CTA). A call to action (CTA) is a phrase or button that nudges prospective tenants to do the next action, such calling you for a showing or asking for further details. Potential tenants are encouraged to take action and move closer to becoming actual tenants when a CTA is included.
Using virtual tours to provide prospective tenants with an impression of your rental properties without requiring them to pay a visit in person is an excellent notion. The time is now to begin utilizing virtual tours in your rental property marketing if you haven’t already. Contact your local Real Property Management office today to learn more about incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.